3,000 sports complexes operate in the country and remain closed. Its owners seek to reopen to avoid a major crisis
Soccer, the most practiced sport in Argentina, also suffers from quarantine restrictions and sanitary measures imposed to combat the coronavirus. From the professional clubs to the courts where “vice breaks out” among friends they remain closed and with no chance of returning in the short term.
Measures suffered by not only the professionals of this sport but also, and more than anything, those who practice it in an amateur way and even those who one day of the week used to get together with friends to rent “a little field” and run after the ball a couple hours.
In particular, in some of the 1,500 5-a-side football pitches that exist in the country or in another 2,500 sports clubs or schools that have such a property and that employ nearly 100,000 people who, since compulsory social isolation began, have kept closed and without any income.
A sector that decided to group their demands and their forces to be able to visualize the crisis that they are also suffering from the creation of the Chamber of Argentine Soccer Complexes 5.
Its spokesperson, Mauro Chavez, explains that, as a businessman for 20 years in this sector and owner of several sports complexes, he seeks to be heard by the authorities, “since our activity interests many people and the paralysis due to the current health crisis It is hitting us very hard, like many other sectors. ”
In this framework, he warns that despite the activity being paralyzed, they still receive very high utility bills such as those they receive, for example from Edenor, “who bills us as if we were operating, with an arbitrary average consumption of previous months”.
The same thing happens with rents, gas and all the taxes they must pay to be able to function, in addition to the need for some 6,000 employees to continue to collect their salaries for the tasks they perform in these 3,000 clubs and complexes that operate in the country. .
“We suffered from this reality, given the impossibility of renting hours or organizing tournaments and schools, so we need to be listened to and analyzed for aid alternatives for our sector,” says Chavez.
Waiting to be able to hold meetings with the Minister of Sports of the Nation, Matías Lammens, and with authorities from each municipality where there is a 5-a-side soccer field, the chamber that groups these businessmen drew up a security protocol to try to put it back into operation this type of sports complex.
The objective is to promote the reopening of establishments dedicated to physical activity and health, respecting the necessary biosafety standards within the context of a Covid-19 health emergency, also promoting the economic recovery of the sector, which considerably impacts a large mass of workers and in activities that are related to ours. Also, promote sports and physical exercise as a foundation of health in society, adding safety and hygiene measures to guarantee the well-being of all people who access sports facilities.
The goal is to try to normalize the current work scenario, using this protocol, with the modifications that are necessary in order to restore all the commercial activities of the city during the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to the protocol, there will be a limited entrance of the public based on the number of courts that the complex has and without allowing spectators to enter the matches, except if those who play are minors and are accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian .
There will be “cleaning stations” for hands, requiring all people to enter the corresponding washing with soap and water for at least 40 seconds (palm, back, wrist, fingers and between them). If this “station” is not available, clients will be provided with alcohol gel and other disinfection elements such as sprinklers with a 70/30 alcohol mixture or antibacterial products for the correct disinfection of each client.
People over 65 will not be allowed to enter and the start and end times will be strict, requiring punctuality to avoid waiting and crowding.
A time of 10 minutes will be stipulated between each game on the same court to prevent people who finished a game and those who get to play from crossing the complex.
At that time the posts, arches and balls will also be disinfected after each match, taking into account that the beginning of each game will be staggered, to avoid the simultaneous entry and completion and therefore the crowding of people.
In the event that two games are played at the same time (by the number of courts), it will seek to respect social distancing and play on distant courts. For example, on court No. 1 it starts at 9 pm; on court No. 2 at 9:10 p.m. on No. 3 at 9:20 p.m.
The protocol also establishes that when appearing on the court, all players must register for the game through the following process:
● Complete personal data, name and surname, telephone, email, address, ID and provide data of a referral to contact if necessary
● Carefully read the protocol to be followed during your stay on the premises, which will also be visible in the complex, both at the entrance and at the service desk.
● Accept / sign an affidavit stating that they were not in contact with those affected by COVID-19, that they do not have characteristic symptoms (fever) and that they will comply with the measures stipulated by the property.
● As far as possible, it will be done through digital means to avoid crowding of people on the property
● The use of face mask will be mandatory when entering the property and during your stay for all clients. They can only take it off on the court.
● In the event that the property has parking, the entrance to the property will be enabled through it, mainly seeking that the players remain in their vehicles until those from the previous turn are removed and the court is disinfected.
● When the dimensions of the complex allow it, there will be a defined waiting area where people who enter on foot can wait until the end of the previous shift.
● The entrance and exit of people will be differentiated, by different roads and / or doors
● Only the establishment’s bathroom will be used for handwashing, as it is easy to program and providing soap, disposable towels or an air hand dryer. The bathroom doors will remain fully open to avoid contact.
● Each person will be asked to bring their personal alcohol gel, regardless of what is available on the premises.
● Showers will not be enabled, and efforts will be made to reduce the use of changing rooms.
● The maximum limit of people inside each locker room will be respecting the distance of 1.5 meters from each other.
● Locker rooms will be sanitized while shifts are in progress. It will be cleaned with water and bleach or dilute alcohol solution. (Alcohol 70% – Water 30%) on the handles and surfaces of more frequent use / contact.
● At the beginning of each day there will be a deep cleaning of the bathrooms and changing rooms. All frequent contact surfaces, such as toilets, floors, and walls.
● Digital payment methods may be provided for each customer to pay his part.
● In the case of not being able to make the payment digitally, the price to be paid by each player will be communicated in advance so that they pay with the fair change, thus avoiding the handling of unnecessary money.
● Players must come already changed to play, thus avoiding the use of changing rooms.
● The complex will not have training bib sets for its clients to avoid possible contagion among those who attend different shifts.
● For common places, bathrooms, changing rooms, efforts will be made to avoid their use as much as possible by implementing different measures (changing at home, punctuality of shifts).
● The common areas will be cleaned with water and bleach and the necessary measures will be adopted for daily and recurrent ventilation.
● Drinks and snacks will be sold on the go as the stay will only be for transit for hydration.
● The capacity of the bar / restaurant as well as the barbecue areas will be reduced by 50% of its occupancy.
● The tables will be used with prior reservation, a maximum of four people with the corresponding distance measurements and located two meters from one table from the other.
● They will not be able to stay to eat if they do not have a previous reservation and the maximum capacity of people in each room will be one every 2 m2.
Find out the latest on digital economy, startups, fintech, corporate innovation and blockchain. CLICK HERE
Corresponsal de Argentina, Encargado de seleccionar las noticias más relevantes de su interés a nuestro sitio web NewsPer.com