Cover image: Evgeniy Maloletka / AP
- An airstrike on the Ukrainian capital early Thursday killed three people, including two children, aged 5-6 and 12-13, as well as ten injured, announced the mayor of kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, and the military authorities.
- A new round of military aid of 300 million dollars granted to Kyiv. The United States on Wednesday released a new tranche of military aid to Ukraine, including missiles for Patriot air defense systems, the Pentagon said in a statement.
- Germany closes four Russian consulates on its soil. Berlin has decided to close four of the five Russian consulates on its soil, in retaliation for restrictions imposed by Moscow on its own diplomatic representation in Russia, the German foreign ministry announced on Wednesday. Moscow denounced a ” provocation “ and promised an answer.
- Dmitry Medvedev believes that the United Kingdom, as an ally of kyiv, can be considered a legitimate military target. The vice-president of the Security Council of the Russian Federation reacted on Wednesday to the declarations of the British foreign minister, who had defended the day before the right of Ukraine to strike Russia in a state of self-defense.
- Emmanuel Macron is asking NATO for “tangible and credible” security guarantees for Ukraine. The Head of State, who had judged in 2019 that NATO was in a state of ” brain death “claimed on Wednesday that Vladimir Putin had it “woke up with the worst electroshock” by invading Ukraine.
- A woman was injured in a bombardment on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday in the Russian town of Chebekino, in the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine, announced on Telegram its governor, Vyacheslav Gladkov.
- A fire caused by a possible drone attack, according to Krasnodar Governor Veniamin Kondratiev, was extinguished at an oil refinery on Wednesday of this city located in the east of Crimea.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Decryptions. The impassiveness of Vladimir Putin and the phlegm of the Russians after the drone attacks on Moscow
Synthesis. What we know about Tuesday’s drone attack in Moscow
Decryptions. Emmanuel Macron proposes to guarantee the security of Ukraine, failing to integrate it into NATO
Factual. Russian and Ukrainian forces step up airstrikes
Decryptions. Evgueni Prigojine, the boss of the Wagner Group, dynamitor of the Russian state
Video. A projectile falls in the middle of traffic in kyiv
Factual. Ukrainian Parliament sanctions Iran and takes note of the break with the Islamic Republic
Narrative. In Belarus, a generalized climate of terror
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions