On the third day of mandatory quarantine, the Ministry of Health of the Nation reported that there were 20 infected between the City of Buenos Aires and the Province
On the third day of mandatory quarantine, the Ministry of Health of the Nation reported that new infected were discovered in the province of Buenos Aires, the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires,
The Ministry of Health of the Nation confirmed today that there are 41 new positive cases of COVID-19 and that the number of infected increased to 266 people throughout the country. So far there have been four deaths from the advance of the coronavirus.
In the statement they specified that the new cases 8 are in the province of Buenos Aires, 12 in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, 8 in Córdoba, 7 in Chaco, 5 Tucumán and 1 Misiones, a province that until now did not have.
Of the 41 cases, 17 correspond to people with a history of travel to areas with community transmission, while 11 are close contacts of confirmed cases.
Thus, The districts that have not yet reported cases are: Chubut, La Pampa, Catamarca, Formosa, San Juan and La Rioja.
So far there have been four deaths from coronavirus in the country. On March 7, a 64-year-old man who was admitted to the Argerich Hospital died; and on March 13, another 61-year-old man died in a private clinic in Resistencia, Chaco.
Last Wednesday, the third death was confirmed: a 64-year-old man who was at the Argentine Institute of Diagnosis, in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. Yesterday was the fourth confirmation. This is a 67-year-old woman who was admitted to the Güemes Clinic, in the Buenos Aires town of Luján.
These new cases add to the 67 that were known yesterday, where the first infected in Mendoza were revealed. Despite being one of the first provinces to shield its borders, it recorded its first five cases. The first, confirmed by the provincial authorities, was that of a 62-year-old woman, who was traveling in Italy.
This midday President Alberto Fernández again questioned the people who violated the mandatory quarantine to prevent the coronavirus from spreading, and targeted those who left the country after the quarantine was decreed. “More than 20 thousand people left Argentina when I told them there was a pandemic, and part of those are those who demand that we bring them urgently, we have to end that,” he said.
Find out the latest on digital economy, startups, fintech, corporate innovation and blockchain. CLICK HERE
Corresponsal de Argentina, Encargado de seleccionar las noticias más relevantes de su interés a nuestro sitio web NewsPer.com