The Ministry of Health put in 519 confirmed cases of coronavirus until this Sunday in vulnerable neighborhoods of the Buenos aires city. In this context, it announced the expansion of the Strategic Testing Device for Coronavirus in the Field of Argentina (DETeCTAr) to the 1.11.14 neighborhood as of Monday. Thus, they hope to identify and isolate people with COVID-19 as soon as possible to prevent them from further spreading the disease.
According to the secretary of Access to Health Carla Vizzotti the number of people infected in the emergency neighborhoods represent the 29% of patients in the City of Buenos Aires, which at the time of publication of this note amount to 1796. In addition, the highest concentration of these infected corresponds to neighborhood 31 Retiro, where the 67% of infections.
“The numbers indicate that we have to continue to work hard to continue detecting early people with coronaviruses in these neighborhoods, “said Vizzotti during the morning report.
In detail, he reported that to date there were registered 373 cases of coronavirus in the neighborhood 31; 120 at 1.11.14 and 26 in the others. For that reason, he confirmed the extension from this Monday of the DETeCTAr program, which began last week in neighborhoods 31 and La Paz, Quilmes, in coordination with the authorities of those districts, in the province of Buenos Aires, and with the support of local leaders.
Through this initiative, the Government seeks testing people with COVID-19 symptoms to give them early attention and isolate them if they are infected.
“People are not expected to go to the health system. What is done is a active strategy where you go to search for the cases to detect them as early as possible, “explained the national director of Epidemiology and Situation Analysis of the Ministry of Health Analía Rearte in relation to the operations.
Meanwhile, Vizzotti added that the idea of the ministry is to expand the initiative to vulnerable neighborhoods throughout Argentina. “We are going to work to be able to decentralize this strategy in all the neighborhoods of the City of Buenos Aires, also working with the province of Buenos Aires and the 24 jurisdictions of the country,” he assured.
For his part, the infectologist Pedro Cahn, one of the Executive’s advisers, also supported the plan in line with Rearte. “He will go to the houses and analyze those who have a fever. This is an active search for cases, a useful strategy to fight COVID-19“he said in dialogue with Radio 10.
In the last hours, from the portfolio led by Ginés González García they confirmed 165 new cases of coronaviruses throughout the country, of which 83 correspond to the City of Buenos Aires and 60 to the province.
In the daily report number 113 on the COVID-19 situation in Argentina, Alejandro Costa, undersecretary of Health Strategies, reported that the total infected is 5,776. Meanwhile, the fatalities totaled 300.
Coronavirus: what with the symptoms and how to prevent it
Corresponsal de Argentina, Encargado de seleccionar las noticias más relevantes de su interés a nuestro sitio web NewsPer.com